Saturday, November 21, 2015

Glwth Shawl - Finished!

Part 2 went quickly and got me into the next to the last skein.
Part 3 got me into the beaded section.  I used hot pink lined crystal AB beads.  Here is a close up.
And here is the finished shawl blocking.
My yarn amounts came out perfectly.  The dark pink skein from my Tinkerbell set was just the right amount to do the first ruffle.  The 3 yellow ruffles are from the remains of my Lemon Drops set, and the light pink ruffle is remains from Tea Rose.

The main body of the shawl took 384 yards, which includes the dark pink ruffle.  The other ruffles are picked up on garter stitch ridges, so you can use other leftovers and play with colors.  They took another 144 yards.  The pattern is mostly mindless knitting, although the instructions are a bit terse.  The ruffles take some time and are a bit of a pain to work.  I did mine a bit differently than called for in the pattern because I found trying to do it the way the pattern called for too much of a pain.  I did not increase my needle size, I picked up and knit stitches in the garter stitch ridge, then purled back, then did the increase 7 in the k3tog stitches, purled back again, then did the bind off, beading clusters on the bind off in a periodic pattern.  I can see making more shawls using this pattern - it is a quick knit and a great way to use up leftovers and play with color.


Pattern:  Glwth Shawl by Abigail Phelps
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tinkerbell, Lemon Drops and Tea Rose
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment