Sunday, November 8, 2015

Eden - Collar started

Back in August I had to travel to California for business and I wanted to take along a knitting project so the weekend before the trip I quickly cast this on and got as far as getting the collar established.  In the end I decided not to take it.  I'm not sure I took any knitting with me, as the trip was a quick one, what I refer to as a Blitzkrieg trip, fly in the night before, go to the morning meeting and take a red-eye back home.  I threw this project into an empty project bag, which quickly became buried in other yarn acquisitions.  This weekend I did some stash cataloging and unearthed it and decided to at least give it the dignity of a project page and a blog post.  It may have to wait a little while before I pick it back up again, but at least it won't get forgotten again.

The yarn is madelinetosh Pashmina Worsted in the color Kilim.  I saw it and fell in love with the color and bought enough to make a sweater.
The actual name of the pattern is Edin, by Bonne Marie Burns, but when I was setting the pattern up in knitCompanion I misspelled the name and never bothered to fix it, because the yarn feels like paradise.  It features my favorite construction techniques - top down, raglan, collar/front band knitted as you go.

Pattern:  Edin by Bonne Marie Burns
Yarn:  madelintosh Pashmina Worsted in Kilim
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment