Saturday, June 28, 2014

Moulin Huet - Chart 1A Done

This is the first shipment in The Unique Sheep's Inspired by Art Club.  This is their first lace weight club.  This shipment was designed by Janine le Cras and inspired by Renoir's painting Children on the Beach at Guernsey.  This is my first Shetland Lace project.  Shetland Lace has lace patterning on both sides and is knit in garter stitch.  Once I got my head around the concept it isn't too hard, although working lace stitches in garter stitch is not as easy as working them in stockinette stitch, especially when you don't have any rest rows and you're working into yarn overs.  It is a challenging knit so I started an unofficial knit along on Ravelry.  I think I prefer the look of regular lace, but I do like the feel of it, it has a nice texture.  Janine decided to design this in Shetland Lace because of the way it diffuses the lace pattern, which she thought was appropriate for an Impressionist painting.
The yarn is The Unique Sheep Eos and the colorway, appropriately enough is Moulin Huet.

Pattern:  Moulin Huet by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Moulin Huet
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment