Monday, July 5, 2010

Evenstar Shawl - Update

This weekend I have been focusing on the edging for the Evenstar Shawl.  I really want to get this one finished, partly because it has been a work in progress for so long, but mostly because it is such a gorgeous pattern.  Susan Pandorf has really outdone herself on this one.  It is a lot of work, but well worth the effort.

The beads I am using are blue-lavender silver-lined matte iridescent (Beadcats stock no. 2-08-707-76).  Selecting a bead color to go with the yarn was quite a challenge.  In the end I went for subtle rather than flashy.  Carol (one of the Beadcats) helped me pick them out while I was at the Bead & Button show this year.  I am almost one-quarter of the way around the shawl.  The edging pattern is pretty easy.  I did make a couple of modifications.  I left off the fifth row of beads (at the very edge), I slip the first stitch of every right side row (makes the edge neater) and on the second half of the repeat (the decrease rows) I switched the knit 2 together decreases to slip-slip-knit decreases so the line of the decreases points towards the shawl while the line of the increases points away from the shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment