Sunday, May 30, 2010

Unique Sheep Wonderland Sock Club

Apparently a common business practice for artisan dyers and designers is to offer clubs.  It is a great way to get customers to try new products and to get exposure for your designs.  This year I have joined several.  This is the first shipment from the Wonderland Sock Club offered by The Unique Sheep.  All of the sock designs are inspired by Alice in Wonderland.  How could I resist.  I was not, however, expecting such a wonderful kit.  It makes me want to brew a cup, eat my Snickerdoodles, and cast on.

So what are the advantages of joining a club?  Well, often the yarns/colorways are exclusive, sometimes the patterns are, and then there are the little extras that you may receive.  And don't underestimate the surprise factor.  Plus, it helps you to stretch yourself as a knitter by trying patterns and colorways that you might not have considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment