Friday, May 24, 2024

Wallflowers - Popcorns Started!

My big box of yarn from Fleece and Harmony arrived this past Monday and I have been busy crocheting the first set of popcorns for the garlands.  There are three different color combinations:  F3 & F1, F3 & F4, and F1& F3.  The colors are:  F1 - Ultramarine, F3 - Ciel, and F4 - Heliotrope.  I did one of each color combination just to see how they would all play together and then went into production mode.  I need to make 24 of the F3 & F1 version, 14 of the F3 & F4 version, and 46 of the F1 & F3 version.  I am using a magic ring for the first round as I found the chain 4 joined just a bit too fiddly.  My centers may be a bit more open as a result, but I have the correct dimensions (4.5 cm across).  I ended up using a 3.75 mm hook, although I did also work one with a 4 mm hook.  The result with the 4 mm hook was just a bit too floppy, the 3.75 mm hook gives me nice perky popcorns.  Most of my ends are woven in, but I haven’t woven in the very last end yet.

Pattern:  Wallflowers by Sue Maton
Yarn:  Rowan Felted Tweed
Hook:  3.75 mm (F)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an amazing project! (I just found the original - just stunning!) Rowan Felted Tweed can be found here - lots of gorgeous colours to choose from! https://www.fabulousyarn.com/ROWAN/feltedtweed/rowan-feltedtweed.shtml

    ReplyDelete