Sunday, May 19, 2024

Joy to the World - Grinch - Cast On!

Once I was getting close to finishing the body of the last shawl from the Nightmare Before Christmas Advent set I knew that I needed to cake up and cast on another easy knit for my work bag, so I grabbed the next Advent set in my queue.  This one was inspired by The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.   This set was dyed up as two twelve-skein gradients, although they are labeled as four six-skein sets.
The four sets are, from left to right:  Grinch, Mount Crumpet, Cindy Loo Who, and Christmas Glow.  Because these work up as twelve-skein gradients I am going to do two of my variant of the Joy to the World shawl.  For the Grinch shawl I picked the lightest of my neutral trios - Strandline.
I thought about trying to do something clever and make a colorwork garment with the mini-skeins, but I’m not a fan of doing colorwork with superwash yarn, and I really wasn’t into working that hard to figure something out, so I went with easy.

Pattern:  Joy to the World by Louise Robert
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep 4 Ply SW Merino Fingering and Kiri
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment