Sunday, June 4, 2023

Campfire Cardi - Both Sleeves Done

When I began working the sleeves I started with a new skein, and divided it in half so I could just work the sleeve without having to worry about watching my yarn usage.  When I reached the end the half skein I switched to the leftover skein from the body.  Once I finished the sleeves I blocked the Cardi so that I could get a good gauge on the hem ribbing, as I was thinking of using it for the button bands.  I tried to understand what the designer called for in the pattern for the button band, and even watched her video but just didn’t want to go there.
After blocking the fabric does relax a little and has a lot more drape.  Some of that is probably just due to the fact that this is a superwash merino yarn.  I did measure things after blocking and it did not grow.  One thing that I realized when I was blocking it was the front would naturally be shorter than the back due to the cabling.  The pattern does not provide a gauge for the cabled section.
To block I just laid it out on my very first blocking board.  It folds in half for easy storage, and has handles.  I love it for garments.  I did pin the front edges to keep them from curling and to make it easier to pick up stitches for my button bands.

Pattern:  Sage Cardi by Zanete Knits
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm) for the body, US 4 (3.5 mm) for the sleeves


No comments:

Post a Comment