Sunday, April 16, 2023

Lato - Almost half way done

This past week I put aside my other projects and focused on this one as the crochet along ends May 1.  I have made a lot of progress, but it doesn’t look like I can finish it by the end of the month (without more effort than I want to expend, and being way more monogamous with my crafting than I typically am), so I will relax and finish it in my own time.  I do have the two main patterns memorized at this point, and I make sure that I count the stitches regularly to make sure that I haven’t lost any.  During the double crochet V section I don’t tend to count as often as the pattern is straightforward and harder to mess up.  I do visually check each double crochet row to make sure that I haven’t forgotten to work a double crochet or a chain stitch, and I count stitches before I start the transition section.  On the wave section I count after completing the single crochet row after the wave row to make sure that I still have 133 stitches.  In the first wave section I screwed up a couple of times and lost a stitch or had too many and didn’t discover it until working the next wave row when things weren’t lining up properly with the previous wave row.  I also visually check the wave row before working the single crochet row to make sure I haven’t missed anything there as well.  Of course once I started the extra checks I haven’t messed up, but I know that as soon as I get over-confident and don’t do an extra check I will make a mistake and have to rip back to fix it.

Pattern:  Lato by Johanna Huck
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Blossom Fingering in Passion, Inflorescence, Budding and Cultivar
Hook:  3.5 mm (E)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment