Sunday, September 25, 2022

Mermaid - Cast On!

For the past several years, I have been bitten by the Advent Calendar bug - to an extent that I could probably do a year of Advent Calendars - so I decided to start working though some of my old ones.  This is a set from The Unique Sheep, and is on a sport weight yarn - not the usual fingering weight that I typically get.  The colorway is called Mermaid.  I want to use it all as I have an aversion to having leftovers so last week I began searching for patterns.  I found several possibilities, both crochet and knit, but in the end I went with a simple raglan top from an iPad app called KnitsThatFit.  It is my first time using the app.  I had previously used an app on my laptop called SweaterWizard.  There is absolutely no patterning, just straight stockinette, except for some ribbing.
It is hard to see much at this point as it is scrunched up on my 24” needles.

Pattern:  Simple Raglan from KnitsThatFit
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Rare Breed Advent Calendar - Sport Weight
Needle:  US 5 ( 3.75 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment