Sunday, October 24, 2021

Duga - Cast On and Sections 1 and 2 Done


On October 15th, the Expression Fiber Arts Group on Ravelry kicked off a fun knit along for a very simple pattern called Duga.  It is just garter stitch and German Short Rows and is composed of wedges of color.  I picked up the pattern, which was free at the time, as well as a yarn set (Luster Sport in Kaleidoscopic Hues).  I was a bit concerned about the needle size called for in the pattern - US 7 (4.5 mm) - as the yarn appeared to be more fingering weight than sport weight, but I swatched with smaller needles as well as the ones called for and decided I like the fabric with the larger needles.  I did a long tail cast-on and placed markers every fifty stitches.
It is a super simple pattern and great for knitting and reading or for watching TV when you actually need to pay attention.  The knit along has the pattern broken up into 4 sections, with a drawing for completing each section by the deadline for that section.  The picture above is section 1 - composed of the first two colors.
Here is section 2, with the next two colors.  Now I need to go wind the next skein so I can start knitting section 3.

Pattern:  Duga by Janica York Carter
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Luster Superwash Merino Sport
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)



No comments:

Post a Comment