Saturday, October 16, 2021

Birthday Bliss - Cast On

Last year Jimmy Beans Wool came out with Birthday Boxes.  They are sort of like an advent calendar but they have 31 days and they are for your birthday.  I ordered one right away and when it came I stood it in an out of the way spot to await my birthday month.  Last weekend I finally started it, ten days late.  I have to admit that I really love these sorts of set ups.  Everything that I need is right there, the knitting needles, the code for the pattern, the yarn already caked up and ready to go.  And I like opening the drawers.  This is a pretty nice box too. 

The yarn is one that I don’t think I’ve used before - madelinetosh Euro Sock.  It has a great feel and is really nice to work with.  I am working extra rows with each color to use up as much of the yarn as possible.  I have been consistently working 36 rows instead of 26.  I just restart the chart at the appropriate spot when I get to the end.  Here are the colors so far:

Day 3 - Fathom
Day 4 - Charcoal 
Day 6 - Medieval 
Day 7 - Tart
Day 8 - Nocturne 
Day 10 - Liquid Gold

Pattern:  Birthday Bliss by Amy Gunderson
Yarn:  madelinetosh Euro Sock
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment