Sunday, September 12, 2021

Tristan - Finished!

 

It has been a while.  I did finish my August Camp Loopy project with a couple of days to spare, but I wasn’t sure that I was going to make it.  After more than a year of working from home, I started going back into the office a couple of days a week on June 22 and the keyboard that I left there is not a good one and using it, even for a few days a week, gave me a repetitive stress injury in my left elbow, which was aggravated by knitting.  So I had to take some time off from knitting and when I did knit I limited the duration of my knitting sessions.  Thankfully with Delta we are not required to go in to the office anymore so my elbow has recovered.  I also have an ergonomic keyboard and a track ball for when I have to go back.  To complicate knitting matters I also had a test knit start up at the end of July competing for my limited knitting time.

The pattern called for a ribbed border by I didn’t want to knit the ribbing.  It pulls in the rest of the shrug and foils the drape so I replaced it with a simple lace pattern (yo, k2tog) and used a contrast color - Safran.


Pattern:  Conic by Cookie A
Yarn:  Rohrspatz & Wollmeise Pure in Tristan and Safran
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment