Monday, September 21, 2020

Adventurous Beach - Three Triangles Done!

This project has not been getting quite as much attention lately as I’ve been focused on some other projects, but today I managed to finish up the last few rows.  I had to rip back though when I checked my stitch count just prior to working the last set of rows with Skein 24 and discovered that I was two stitches short.  I checked the edges and the center spine and discovered that I had forgotten the center increases on the first set of rows with Skein 1 in Section 6.  The thought of tinking back three rows at this point was daunting, so I decided to put in a lifeline to rip back to.  Instead of using yarn and a needle I used these.
There is a slender knitting needle on one end, attached to a cable with a stopper at the other end.  There is a hole in the stopper that you can thread the needle through to keep your knitting from slipping off.  If you don’t thread the needle through, your knitting will slip off when you aren’t looking.  I think I picked these up at The Loopy Ewe.  Given that this pattern is in garter stitch, it was easy to place this into my knitting and then pull the knitting needles out and rip away.  I did place the center stitch marker when I was placing my lifeline.  Then I put my knitting back on my original needles and got back on track.

Pattern:  Adventurous Wrap by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Beach Tones Advent Set
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment