Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Stegosaurus Cowl - Camp Loopy 2017 Project One

I'm late getting started on my first Camp Loopy project.  Last year I took my project to Bead and Button with me, but not this year.  I also had to change my project plans.  The challenge was to make something that was reminiscent of scales or feathers, the texture of the dinosaur.  I was originally going to make Azure Dragon, and I purchased the called for yarn during Camp Week - Malabrigo Rios in Aniversario, but during Bead and Button I took a bad fall that could have been much worse (nothing broken, but bruises and strains) and my hands and wrists are just not up to knitting Worsted weight yarn at a tighter gauge, so I scaled back my ambitions and pulled out the Camp Club yarn, pictured above, and found a simple cowl to knit up - the Fine Art Cowl.

Pattern:  Fine Art Cowl by Kelene Kinnersly
Yarn:  Into the Whirled Pakokku Sock in Stanley Stegosaurus
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm), US 3 (3.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment