Monday, September 26, 2016

Practically Anything - Five Skeins Done

I spent most of yesterday working on this, listening to classical radio (WETA) and reading Electra by Kerry Greenwood.  Kerry wrote the Phryne Fisher mysteries, which I thoroughly enjoyed and the Corinna Chapman mysteries, which I also enjoyed although I still don't understand how a bakery can survive if it isn't open on weekends, especially when it is supplying local restaurants.  Electra is the third book in the Delphic Woman series, which has been a lot of fun to read.  The three books are Medea, Cassandra and Electra.  Three iconic women.  I like how she has told their stories, and I like the fact that she does her homework.

I came home early from work - only worked a half day - so we could mow the lawn before it started raining.  It is forecast to start raining tonight and rain for most of the rest of the week.  We've been experimenting with our yard, which was taken over by an invasive ground cover that thrives in the woods around here.  We like it because we are not big on yard work, but it had gotten a little out of hand in the sunny spots.


Pattern:  Practically by Kelly Herdrich
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Wild Thing
Needles:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment