Saturday, December 19, 2015

Lothlorien Cape - Finished!

Kelly of The Unique Sheep dyed me an extra skein so I could finish my cape.  I sent her a length of yarn from my last skein so she could match the colors.  I think she did a phenomenal job.  I, however, underestimated the amount of yarn that I needed to finish, but not by much.  I ran out just after finishing the turning row on the collar.  Fortunately I had some Tinsel Toes in a similar color.  I held it double and was able to finish the collar.  If I knit it again (and I have another set of yarn for the pattern) I may go down a needle size.  I like the drape, but the reverse stockinette sections seem a little loose, and I am not a loose knitter.  I don't know if that is the influence of the silk.  I did go down a needle size when I knit the collar.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do for a closure yet.  The pattern suggests a frog closure, but I might use a necklace clasp instead.  I need to look at what I have in my stash, and also online, and see if something speaks to me.


Pattern:  Lothlorien Cape by Susan Pandorf
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Wild Thing in Summer's End
Needles:  US 6 (4 mm), US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment