Sunday afternoon I frogged my giant gauge swatch and skeined the yarn and soaked it to get rid of the kinks. The skeins from the upper back and left and right fronts dried quickly and Monday morning I was able to wind them into cakes. The full skein that was the lower body took longer to dry and after I had wound the others up into cakes I put that last one on my swift and spread it out so it would finish drying. I was able to wind that one into a cake yesterday afternoon. I switched to that skein before I bound off for the cap sleeves, but you can't really see where it occurred. I didn't feel like putting it on a longer cord, so it is a little bunched up on my dress maker dummy.
I did yarn overs for the increases on the yoke instead of knit front back. When doing a lot of increases I think that the knit front back can leave the fabric looking pinched, and I like the effect of the yarn overs. After I started working the body I did a quick yarn usage check and I will have enough to finish the pattern, with a little left over.
Pattern: Practically by Kelly Herdrich
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy with Nylon
Needle: US 7 (4.5 mm)