Saturday, December 13, 2014

December Vest

I would have made more progress on my Lilac Pullover but I was distracted by this beauty.  This is the latest Dream Club color from Dream in Color and for some reason the colors just really spoke to me.  It is worsted weight so I ordered two skeins, which I figured would be enough to knit a vest.  I did a quick gauge swatch and whipped up a pattern in my Sweater Wizard software and cast on.
I just love the way the colors are pooling.  I did 2 x 2 ribbing (I'm not a fan of 1 x 1 ribbing) and am in the stockinette section.  I still have to figure out what I want to do on the front and armhole edges.  I may do a button band, with some pretty buttons.

Pattern:  December Vest, created in Sweater Wizard
Yarn:  Dream in Color Classy with Nylon
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm) and US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment