Saturday, October 4, 2014

Autumn Dress - Lace work done

I finished up the lace work and I still have some of the 4th skein left over, pretty much as I predicted.  I go back and forth on the transition rows/no transition rows question.  For this particular colorway the first two skeins that I used blended quite well, but the next two have a more dramatic color change.  The photograph emphasizes it, so it is more dramatic than it would be in real life.  I have noticed that about photographs.  When I am blocking a shawl I take a photo of it to see if I have it laid out symmetrically.  I may not be able to see it when I look at it pinned out on the blocking mats, but it will jump out at me in a photograph.  I keep thinking that there must be some mathematical progression that would make the transition smoother, more organic, but I just haven't had the energy to pursue it.

Project:  Alita Dress by Adrienne Larsen from Knitter's Magazine 116, Fall 2014
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Autumn for Ana
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment