I have slowly been working on the lace section of my Dress it Up shawl. I did add beads. The pattern calls for five vertical repeats of the pattern, but I don’t have enough yarn for that, so I’m stopping at four. I knew going in that I might not have enough yarn as the pattern called for 430 yards per 100 gram skein for each color, and my skeins are 400 yards per 4 ounces (113.4 grams) and both of my skeins are actually short a few grams (109.4 grams instead of 113.4 grams), so I was not surprised when I got to the last two rows of the fourth repeat and weighed my skein and did the math and came up a couple of grams short. I might have had enough if my skeins were not a little light, but it would have been very close. Now I just have 16 rows of garter stitch with the variegated yarn and a picot bind off. I might add beads to the bind off as well.
Pattern: Dress it Up by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
Needle: US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:
Post a Comment