Saturday, March 26, 2022

Seascair Blanket - Five Squares Done

As of March 1 I now have to go into the office at least 3 days a week.  After almost two years (my last day in the office was March 20, 2020) of working from home this has taken a bit of a readjustment.  But one thing has not changed, the need for mindless knitting while in meetings or reading documents.  Fortunately I had this project languishing in my pile of UFOs and it is definitely mindless.  This was part of the 2021 Celtic Knit Club by Carol Feller of Stolen Stitches.  It even comes with its own project bag.  These squares make up the border, I have 5 finished, only 9 more to go, and then I get to work on the fun squares, which may not always constitute mindless knitting.
The biggest readjustment is just dealing with people face to face.  While I recognize the value of face to face interactions, as an introvert it is very tiring for me, which is one reason I have not been blogging much this month.  That was the really nice thing about telework.  Not only was I more efficient because I had fewer interruptions, but I also had more energy.  It was also so much easier to adjust my work schedule to accommodate pop-up situations - taking a break during the day if I knew I had a meeting that was going to run late, for example.  And frankly I think moving protoplasm from point A to point B for very little reason is a waste of time and energy, even if my commute is only 5 miles.  Ah well, the past two years have definitely spoiled me.  The readjustment continues.

Pattern:  Seascair Blanket by Carol Feller
Yarn:  Stolen Stitches ‘Blasta”
Needles:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment