Sunday, April 4, 2021

Caladenia Shawl MKAL - Clue 1 Done

 

The first clue of the mystery knit along came out this past Thursday, and I cast on Friday.  I was originally going to do the four color version with a set of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Silk Single yarn that I have had in stash for quite a while.  I had gotten them out and caked them up to make a second Lunar Fade by Larissa Brown, but I was inspired by Ambah’s color way to repurpose them for this shawl.  They were sitting in the bottom of a project bag for a while and unfortunately carpet beetles got to them before I did.  I am still assessing the damage and how much of the yarn can be saved.  So, I went stash diving again and looked for an alternative.  This trio spoke to me.
It is an Autumn Trio from 2017.

Pattern:  Caladenia Shawl MKAL by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn: The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment