Monday, November 23, 2020

Pardalote Shawl - Cast On

Once I had finished up my Kentia Wrap I cast on my Pardalote Shawl.  This shawl was just recently published by Ambah and I had already picked out my colors from some recent acquisitions from The Loopy Ewe.  The pattern is easy and repetitive (most of her patterns are), but they really showcase the yarn, and they let you play with color.
Both of these skeins are Loopy Ewe exclusive colors from Dream in Color.  I love their yarns and their colors.  The top one is Haunted, and came out last month.  The bottom one is Exploration Station and came out this past summer during Camp Loopy, which was science themed this year.  Both are Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere.  I keep an eye on that page and tend to buy at least one skein of the color on Smooshy because I know that I can use it in a shawl.  Sometimes I will buy a couple of skeins on City as well.

Pattern:  Pardalote Shawl by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment