Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moving Cable Pullover - Progress Update

I started this pullover almost a year ago, on our Christmas trip down to Florida.  I only managed to get the sleeves done on that trip.  Lately I've had to do some travel by car for work, so I pulled this project out again. I wanted something that wasn't too complicated, but wasn't too simple.  I now have the body done up to the split for shaping the front and back.  The pattern is from the Tahki Yarns Spring/Summer Collection 2004 Pattern Booklet, and the yarn is Cotton Classic.

One of the trips was to Pittsburgh, where we ate at a wonderful brew pub, Church Brew Works, located in a 100 year old Catholic Church.  To the right of the aisle is the restaurant side, to the left is the bar side.  You can get the restaurant menu on the bar side, but you can't get the bar menu on the restaurant side.  I had the Chicken Pot Pie, which was more like a chicken stew topped with a fluffy pastry and the stout (this week it was a morning stout, brewed with coffee, oatmeal and milk).  Delicious.  I brought home bottles of their Thunderhead IPA and their Dunkel Lager, plus two pint glasses.

The other trip was to Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, where we ate at a wonderful Indian restaurant called Cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment