Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Evenstar Mystery Shawl - Clue 1

 
Yes.  Another shawl project, and another mystery shawl.  That makes three lace shawls on my needles right now.  And 5 magnetic boards for my charts.  Methinks I am a bit out of control here, but I just love lace knitting.  This is the Evenstar Mystery Shawl by Susan Pandorf of A Few Stitches Short that is making such a splash on Ravelry.  Susan is using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Silk Thread II in Winter Solstice.  I bought the yarn in Tanzanite (purple, of course) and then also bought it in Winter Solstice after Susan posted pictures of hers.  But I also bought this Eos in Aubergine (50/50 Tussah Silk/Wool) from The Unique Sheep.  I swatched with the Silk Thread II in the Winter Solstice and it is a beautiful yarn, but I wasn't sure I wanted to make this out of pure silk.  The other advantage of the Eos is that the wonderful people at The Unique Sheep put up 6 oz hanks that are long enough to knit the entire shawl, so no joining, which I would have to do with the Silk Thread II.

No comments:

Post a Comment