Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Winter Violet - Cast On

I was looking for yarn for a different Ambah O’Brien shawl, when this yarn called out to me.  I really like the colors.  It seems to me to be a wonderful mix of berries, chocolate and cream.  Given the nature of the colorway I decided a simple pattern was needed and settled on Miso, by Ambah O’Brien.  Simple lace, simple increases, designed to use up all of your yarn.  I have two skeins.  I thought about just working one of my simple boomerang shawls, but the colors didn’t look right in just plain garter stitch.  It seems the lace, which causes the lines of color to wiggle, just makes it look better.

Pattern:  Miso by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Sundara Yarn Italian Fingering Merino Cashmere in Winter Violet
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment