Sunday, June 21, 2020

Hope Springs Eternal - Cast On!


I finished up The Winter Violet this morning and it is currently blocking, so I cast on another Ambah O’Brien pattern - Marinna.  I’m using the SpaceCadet Interstellar Yarn Alliance March 2020 shipment Eternal Spring and the complimentary color Hope.
The yarn is Maia, 80% Bamboo and 20% wool.  When I was working the set up for the first chart I noticed that there was a deliberate asymmetry.  One side had one more stitch than the other side.  I had to restart it because I made a mistake, so I took the opportunity to make it symmetric.  I also made the first chart symmetric, thanks to the magic of knitCompanion.  I mirrored the right hand side of the chart and combined it into a new symmetric chart.

Pattern:  Marinna by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Maia
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment