Saturday, June 6, 2020

Omena - Cast On

It is June, so it is time for Camp Loopy!  This year the theme is Science Camp.  For the first challenge you need to combine colors, combine patterns or use beads with yarn.  I went for the Color Lab.  For the first project I picked something from my queue, the Omena Vest.  I’m using Dream in Color City in (from top to bottom) Fancy, Eaten the Plums and Element 79.  The pattern calls for two skeins of each color, but The Loopy Ewe only had one skein of the Fancy, so I bought two skeins of Eaten the Plums and three skeins of Element 79.  I’m going to work an I-cord edging around the armholes using Element 79 and also work an I-cord bind off in Fancy.

Pattern:  Omena by Jill Zielinski
Yarn:  Dream in Color City
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment