Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Omena - Half Way

Having finished up my Mirror, Mirror Vest, I turned my attention back to my June Camp Loopy project.  This project is also great work knitting, and I have a lot of meetings this week, so I should make a lot of progress on it.  I usually try to remember to weigh my skeins before I start knitting, but sometimes, in my eagerness to get started, I forget with that first skein, which is what happened on this project.  I did remember to weigh my second skein, and partway through knitting that one I decided that I really wanted to know exactly how much yarn I had used.  So I weighed my knitting.  It came out to 201 grams, total.  I had 13 grams of my first skein, the Fancy, left over.  My first skein of Eaten the Plums weighed 116 grams total, and I had 28.4 grams of it left when I weighed my project.  So, doing the math: 201 grams - (116 grams - 28.4 grams) - 13 grams = 100 grams.  So I used 100 grams of the Fancy, less whatever my knitting needles weigh.

The pattern calls for an equal number of the ripples or ridges or whatever you want to call them, but because I could only get one skein of my first color, Fancy, I could only get three ripples out of that single skein.  I figured out that I needed to work eighteen ripples total to get the size I want, so I decided that I would knit six ripples in my second color, Eaten the Plums, and nine ripples in my third color, Element 79.

Pattern:  Omena by Jill Zielinski
Yarn:  Dream in Color City
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment