Sunday, June 28, 2020

Bifrost - One Skein Done


I picked up this kit last November, from Cate Carter-Evans.  It came complete with knitting needles and stitch markers, along with the pattern, so everything was set to go.  I cast on pretty much right away, but didn’t work on it consistently until last week when I needed a mindless project to get me through a number of work telecons.  I finished up the first skein, and am about halfway through the second.
The skeins are actually made up of multiple strands of yarn tied together with a slip knot, so there is a lot of joining as you run out of one and switch to the next.  She includes an easy technique for the switch in the pattern instructions.

Pattern:  Bifrost by Cate Carter-Evans
Yarn:  Infinite Twist Helix Treasure Cakes
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment