I finished the hat up this past Saturday and am happy with how it came out. I did the crown on two 16 inch circular needles, which is the same way that I usually work socks. I was concerned with the tension where I switched needles, so I made sure to trap the float before I switched needles, and it looks like that worked pretty well. The hat fits my husband better than it fits me, so I will make another one in the next smaller size for myself. I have plenty left over of all the colors except for the dark green, and I have plenty of that color in the other two kits.
It is very soft, and of course lighter weight given that it is fingering weight, but it will be nice when we want just a little more warmth for our heads and ears when we walk.
Pattern: Step Into Christmas Hat by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn: lolodidit Lil Lol Loriginal
Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm), US 2 (2.75 mm)
No comments:
Post a Comment