I finished up Clue 3 last night while watching
Swordsman of Siena, a fun swashbuckler with Stewart Granger (one of my faves), and the movie actually debuted on my actual birth day, which I thought was just kind of cool. This clue was not that hard, but it did take me two tries to get the rhythm of it. I ended up with an extra stitch on my first go when I was switching to the second contrast color, so I ripped back to the end of clue 2 and started over. The second go was smooth sailing, and it was fun. This clue is “Birds flying high,” which comes from the lyrics of the song “Feeling Good” by Nina Simone. This is the half-way point of the shawl, and Clue 4 has you start at the other end, so this piece gets set aside for now.
Of course after I took the top picture, my cat Jezebel had to come investigate the knitting. She immediately went for one of the knitting needles, which she likes to play with. She is very well-behaved with regards to my yarn and my knitting, other than that she likes to curl up on it. She is a very smart, and very sweet cat.
Pattern: Sky Song by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn: Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply
Needle: US 5 (3.75 mm)
No comments:
Post a Comment