I finished up the last section, Section 5, and have started the bind off. The final garter stitch section was easy, but the rows were long. I ended up with 406 stitches, which was one stitch more than I should have had. If I had done the full chart in Section 4 I would have ended up with 435 stitches, but because I stopped early, I was supposed to have 30 stitches less than that. But when I counted them (twice) I ended up with 406 instead of 405. I have no idea how that happened, but I did not worry about it. The bind off is just a little tedious - cast on 2 stitches, bind off 5, and of course I’m adding beads, so when I start the bind off 5 I add a bead to the first stitch after working it. On the dark purple I used light purple beads that sort of match the variegated yarn, and on the bind off I used dark purple beads. Both are iridescent.
Pattern: Dress it Up by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
Needle: US 4 (3.5 mm)
No comments:
Post a Comment