I have also been making some progress on my Lemon Boatneck Top. I am finding it a pretty boring knit, although the fabric is really soft and it drapes nicely, so it feels good to work with. It is also a bit slippery, and of course there is that whole splitty problem, so it isn’t completely mindless. I can knit stockinette without looking at it, most of the time, unless I’m working with a splitty yarn like this one, so it is a bit annoying to knit because I can’t just sit and read, or watch TV without checking to make sure I’m not accidentally splitting a stitch. As a rule I avoid plant fibers, but I am trying to stretch my boundaries a bit. We’ll see how that works out.
Pattern: Improvised, but sort of based on the Gry Top by Katrine Hannibal
Yarn: Onling No. 14
Needles: US 2.5 (3.0 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)
No comments:
Post a Comment