Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Divine Beauty (Way Ahead MKAL) - Two Clues Done!

One of the many designers that I follow is doing a mystery knit along, and I decided to join.  I haven’t done one in quite a while, although I have bought more than a few MKAL patterns over the years, and then not done them, just because I like the designer.  This one is by SweaterFreak.  It is a shawl (obviously) and requires two skeins of fingering.  I have a lot of single skeins of fingering in my stash, so having the opportunity to use a couple is always good.  I did some stash diving in my Dream in Color boxes - I do love their colors.  I initially came up with three possible pairings:
Amethyst Ink and She Walks in Beauty

Cranberry Cocktail and Happy Birthday Loopy

Divine and The Color of Hope

In the end I picked Divine and She Walks in Beauty, which led me to name my project Divine Beauty.  The first clue was just stripes.

The second clue added the mosaic section.  I almost abandoned my color choices at that point, thinking I needed more contrast between my two skeins, but in the end I decided not to, and I am very happy with the way things are turning out.  The top picture actually has the set up row for clue 3 included, which has you bind off half of your stitches, so you are only knitting off of one side.  I am just over half-way done with clue 3.  The MKAL started on July 5, and I have been keeping up, so this project is taking priority over others right now.  The last clue comes out this coming Sunday.

Pattern:  Way Ahead MKAL by SweaterFreak
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment