Sunday, October 6, 2024

Queen Conch Shawl - Body Almost Done!

This shawl has been in my work bag and I’ve been making progress on it.  At this point I am almost done with the last of the six skeins, and am contemplating border colors.  The yarn is a bit firm, being a sock yarn with a fairly tight twist, so I want a yarn for the border with similar characteristics.  I’ve been diving in my stash and have come up with four alternatives, so far.
These are all Zen Yarn Garden Superwash Sock Yarn.
I still haven’t decided if I want to pick one of these, or go stash diving some more.
I also need to think about bead color.  This morning I’m going to finish knitting the rest of skein six, and then slip the stitches on to a Knitting Barber Cord so I can spread the shawl out to really get a sense of the colors, and then I will search my stash for all possible border skeins and see if I can come to a decision.

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Verve
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment