Saturday, February 17, 2024

Sweet as Honey Cowl - Cast On!

While I was pondering my path forward on the Mystery Blanket, I decided to cast on one of the other projects that I had purchased yarn for.  This is the Sweet as Honey Cowl by Simone Van Iderstine.  It is also knit in the Selkirk Worsted, with the same gauge as the blanket, but on a 3.25 mm needle.  Hmm, said I, I’ve been wanting to knit this, so I decided to cast this on as part of my figuring out how this yarn knits up experimenting.  This is also coming out on the dense side, although not quite as dense as the blanket.  At this point I’m wondering if it would even fit over my head as a cowl, maybe it could be a hat.  But Kim of Fleece and Harmony has said that their yarn expands width wise and shrinks length wise when blocked, so I don’t know.  We will just see what happens.  That is, after all, what experiments are for.  I am enjoying the knit, and that is really what matters.

Pattern:  Sweet as Honey Cowl by Simone Van Iderstine
Yarn:  Fleece and Harmony Selkirk Worsted
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment