Saturday, August 8, 2026

Dress It Up - Section 2 Done!

I finished Section 2 last night.  It is a simple section, a band of eyelets, about an inch of 1x1 rib with the knit stitches twisted and another band of eyelets.  The only real challenge was the darkness of the yarn, which made the stitches a little harder to read on the ribbing.  The colors are beautiful, and able to be seen, and appreciated.

And yes, that is another skein of yarn hanging out in my project box - wet spun Belgian Linen.  Isn’t it a gorgeous color?  I’ve not knit with linen before, tending to avoid the plant fibers, but Jennifer Beale released a pattern in May that uses this yarn.  The pattern is a summer tee and I thought I would try it as I really like the tee.  I’m still swatching.  I know that I don’t want to use the needle size that she did as that was way too lose, but I went down a little too far and though I like the fabric, my gauge is tighter, so I thought I would do one more swatch to see if I can match the gauge and still get a fabric that I like, or if I will have to do the math.

Pattern:  Dress It Up by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment