Sunday, February 14, 2016

All the Colors of Fall - Finished at last!

I started this shawl on June 28, 2014 and it has been languishing, rather stylishly, in an Atenti knitting bag underneath my coffee table.  I had to set my Elizabeth Woodville aside this weekend while I wait for buttons to arrive so I pulled out this project, determined to finish.  I had gotten just past the halfway point of the second border when I put it aside.  I pulled it out Friday night and finished it up late Saturday afternoon, blocking it before dinner.
I love this blocking picture because my cat Jasmine got her tail in the picture.
I used size 6 beads on the spine and in the second border - they were leftover from my Maid Marian shawl and are a wonderful plum color.  The label says Metallic Amethyst Gunmetal.  For inside the hearts on the first border I used size 8 beads from my stash.  The Beadcats stock no. is 2-08-280-91 - and the catalog description is dark red transparent lined with black iridescent.  They remind me of maple leaves in fall.  I also had some Small Curved Leaves in my stash in a color that was just perfect, which I used on the points of the border - threading them before knitting (royal pain, but oh the results!).  The Beadcats stock no. is N-L7-523-00 - and the catalog description is olive transparent.

Here is a close up of the leaves.


Pattern:  Watership Down by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Moulin Huet
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment