Friday, January 22, 2016

Piglet Socks - One Foot Done

Of course, once I bound off my Summer Breeze socks and I had to cast on another pair.  I grabbed the next cake of Felix and was confronted with the question of what to name the project.  The colors reminded me of Piglet, from Winnie the Pooh, so that is what I called them.  We had all of the stuffed animals when I was growing up.  Pooh was much loved, and a little the worse for wear.  Kanga was disemboweled by our dog Minnie, so Roo ended up an orphan.  Tigger was not a plushy, he was small and firm and his body was filled with sawdust - a fact I discovered when his head came off.  Piglet had cardboard pieces in his feet so he could sort of stand up on his own.  He provided my sister Liz her first opportunity at small animal surgery when the cardboard pieces shifted in his feet, and one of his ears started to come off.  I'm happy to say the surgery was a complete success and she is now an extremely good small animal vet.

Pattern:  Basic Toe-Up Sock from Custom Socks by Kate Atherley
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Felix
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment