Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Jungle Book Shawlette - Clue 1

The first clue came out last Friday and this past weekend I cast on after knitting a couple of swatches (yes!  I actually swatched!) to determine the needle size that I wanted to use.  The pattern called for size 6, but I knit the last two shawls with this yarn (The Unique Sheep Luxe) on size 4 needles.  I ended up splitting the difference and went with size 5 needles.  When I signed up for this KAL I ordered Luxe in Sunflower, a wonderful yellow, but I swatched with Nature's Goddess, because I was lazy and it was already wound into balls.  And while I was swatching the yarn shyly asked if it could be the Jungle Book Shawlette, and so here it is.  But never fear, I have plans for the Sunflower colorway.

Pattern - Jungle Book Shawlette by Janine le Cras
Yarn - The Unique Sheep Luxe in Nature's Goddess
Needle - US 5 (3.5mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment