Saturday, July 30, 2011

Papeete Tahiti Pullover - Finished!

I actually finished this sweater up this past Tuesday, but had to block and then get a picture.  I have almost finished the body of the Tiger Lilly Pullover Redux.  I need to skein the yarn for the sleeves and get it soaked and hanging.  I did Elizabeth Zimmerman's sewn bind off on the cuffs and the body, and did a Kitchener rib bind off for the neck.  I knit this one on size 6 needles instead of size 7 (the fabric with the size 7 needles was just a little too open) so it fits a little closer than the other three pullovers that I have knit with this pattern.

I have also been working on cataloging my yarn stash and am almost half way done.  There is still a lot more organizing that I have to do in my studio, but I am steadily chipping away at it.  I also volunteered for a transcription project being done by William and Mary.  I transcribed my first document last night, a letter.  I love history and reading a letter - even a scan of one - from 1866 was just so cool, a little glimpse into a life.  I will be doing more.

3 skeins Fiesta Yarns Boomerang in Papeete Tahiti
size 6 and 7 needles
Sweater Wizard software, top-down raglan knit in the round

No comments:

Post a Comment